Hello, Sisters!!

I thought it would be fun to have an open recipe exchange for our ward. I know many of you cook GREAT and I look forward to trying some of your recipes for my family. If you would like to add a recipe, please call me with your email address and I will send you an invitation. When you get an email back from me, push on the link and follow the directions by signing in or creating a new google account (Way Easy). After you get a login, you can post your recipes for all to share. You can call me if you get stuck. Lets all try to learn together!! Please Share!!
Love, Scottee Barry

Monday, January 12, 2009

Orange Chicken- Scottee Barry

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 Large Naval Orange- juiced and zested
1- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbs canola oil
1/2 c orange marmalade
1 c beef broth (Divided)
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp cornstarch

1. Place chicken, olive oil, orange juice and 1/2 of the zest in a Ziploc bag and place in the fridge for 1/2- 1 hour before cooking.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, saute garlic in canola oil until fragrant (like 10 seconds, so have other stuff ready to go) Do not let the garlic get brown. Add 1/2 cup beef broth, orange marmalade, pepper flakes, and soy sauce to the garlic. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. In a small bowl, stir cornstarch into remaining 1/2 c broth and add the mixture into simmering sauce. Return to simmer for 3-5 minutes until sauce thickens.
3. Cook chicken in a medium frying pan. I cook mine on a George Forman Grill.
4. Pour sauce over chicken and serve hot. I like to have it over rice. :)

This recipe is VERY easy. A 2 out of 5 on Difficulty.

No comments: